Botox reduces fine lines and wrinkles | Renewal Skin Spa in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Are forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, and frown lines causing you to look tired, or older than you feel? BOTOX® Cosmetic is a quick and easy treatment, helping you to look rested and more youthful. Look as if you have just come home from a much needed vacation! Come in and learn why BOTOX® Cosmetic is number one in aesthetic treatments.
What are the advantages of BOTOX® Cosmetic at Renewal Skin Spa in Grand Rapids?
- Our Nurses have over 17 years of combined experience and both are certified expert injectors.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is a quick, safe and effective way to remove wrinkles. A typical treatment takes 10 minutes. Results are seen within 4 to 10 days. Full results are achieved in 14 days.
- Little to no discomfort.
- There is no “down-time”. After the Cosmetic treatment, you may resume normal activity or go back to work.
- There is no physical evidence that you had a cosmetic procedure done.
- There is no decrease in sensation of the treated areas.
- The effect of BOTOX® Cosmetic is reversible-lasting between 3 to 5 months depending on the individual and number of previous treatments.
- A memory response may develop with repeated BOTOX® Cosmetic injections if they are done every 3 months for approximately one-year. So, although the effects are not permanent, there may be a gradual lengthening of the time interval between treatments. This will mean fewer treatments to obtain the same effect!
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is a nonsurgical approach to treat and reduce wrinkles.
- We are a Platinum Plus provider of Allergan Products. This partnership is only given to the top 5% of providers in the U.S. for demonstrating an expert level of skill, care and high volume by Allergan.
Who is the best candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetic?
A wide range of patients benefit from BOTOX® Cosmetic therapy. Typically, we treat patients in their 20′s to 80′s. Younger patients and patients with fewer wrinkles have the added benefit of preventing further etching of the skin caused by repeated squinting, frowning, smiling and creasing of the forehead. Patients who have had laser resurfacing or a face lift also benefit by preventing repeated wrinkling of newly treated skin. Patients who are pregnant or have a neurological disease should not be treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
It is a dilute, purified form of Botulinum which is an extremely effective muscle relaxant. There have been no serious side effects reported.
How does BOTOX® Cosmetic reduce facial wrinkles?
When BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected into the superficial muscles of the face it relaxes those muscles and prevents the wrinkle or lines caused by squinting, frowning, and raising of eyebrows. It is the best way for improving and smoothing the skin between the eyebrows, the lines of the forehead, and the crow’s feet area around the eyes with no down-time.
Where is BOTOX® Cosmetic used?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is used on the face, around the eyes, between the eyebrows, forehead and chin so as not to affect a patient’s smile. It is important to understand that only the overactive facial muscles are relaxed which cause lines and wrinkles. Your skin will feel the same post treatment and you will have normal sensation in all treated areas. Muscles that are not treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic and related to other expressions are not affected.
How is BOTOX® Cosmetic used?
Tiny amounts of BOTOX® Cosmetic are injected into the muscles that create a line or wrinkle when still or in motion. By injecting into a muscle, it blocks the nerve impulse from reaching that area and the muscle begins to relax. As the muscle relaxes, the treated areas begin to relax and the lines or wrinkles in the skin soften and often disappear. At times we recommend combing with treatments like Juvederm or other Dermal Fillers to achieve optimal correction of deeper lines and wrinkles.
Does a BOTOX® Cosmetic injection hurt?
Applying a topical anesthetic cream or ice compresses for several minutes prior to the cosmetic treatment will effectively numb the area. When injected, you may feel a slight sensation that quickly subsides. Once the injection is complete, our nurses apply an ice compress to injection sites and the discomfort disappears if needed.
Is BOTOX® Cosmetic safe?
BOTOX® Cosmetic has an excellent safety profile. It has been used for more than 20 years therapeutically to correct facial tics or relax the eye muscles responsible for lazy eye to name a few. These types of procedures require many times the amount of Botox that is used to treat facial lines or wrinkles cosmetically. Cosmetically it has not resulted in any severe side effects to patients when administered properly.
Sign up for Brilliant Distinctions® to earn points which are redeemable on select Allergan products such as BOTOX® Cosmetic. Brilliant Distinctions® is the only program that rewards you with points to redeem
toward instant savings on Allergan facial aesthetic treatments and products, such as:
Participation is easy. Just register online at BrilliantDistinctionsProgram.com and start earning points toward savings on your next Botox® Cosmetic, Juvederm® XC, Voluma® XC, Volbella® XC Latisse®, Kybella® or SkinMedica® skincare purchase. Every time you purchase an Allergan skincare product or anti-aging treatment, points will be added to your account for instant savings on your very next purchase. And the benefits don’t stop there!